Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Craft blocks!

I got the inspiration from this post on Pintrest to display the family photos for my sister-in-law's wedding coming up in just 2 short weeks!



First, I found multiple sized wooden blocks at CraftParts.com. (I used the 5" size since we want to display them at the wedding and want them to be obvious in the space. I would suggest a 3" block for your home.)

Wanting to honor the bride and groom's parents and grandparents, we collected photos of each of their weddings and printed at Walgreens as 5 by 7 photos, and then cut those down to size. 

Some scrapbook paper and a little Modge Podge later, we had all the supplies we needed! 

I did use a friend's Cricut machine for the letters. Then we just printed the couple's names and relation to the bride and groom on one of the colored papers. 

The funny (punny?) part is that I got stuck with craft-block on this block-based project. I was having trouble getting the letters to stand out using such neutral-toned papers. A little black shadow fixed it and they came together really well!

No comments:

Post a Comment