Sunday, September 8, 2013

Baby Shower!

My sister-in-law is pregnant. I am crafting. Here are some of the things I did for her shower:

  • Decor
Hanging paper lanterns. I didn't make them, I got them at JadeTime.com. They were a good price, look cute, and got here in a week. Bonus. I bought them in sizes 8" (little blue) to 18" (big purple). 


We also decided to get some paper cupcake wrappers, colorful straws, and rubber bands to help decorate and label peoples drinks.
Not my craft, but one of the other ladies made kisses with personalized stickers. SO. CUTE.

  • Activities 
Baby onesies with month numbers on them:
These turned out so great, I will post a second blog on how to do them!

Words for Baby: I made this in Word. I am going to hole punch and make a little booklet out of them to keep in the nursery.



Baby Mobile: 
So this was a great idea, but in execution, I learned a few things:

1. Shrink film is not as easy to use as it sounds. (This was my BEST trial piece- yikes!)
2. Even if you go for regular paper, you should cut things out for people first. I only got 5 total pieces (out of 60+ attendees)! Not such a great turn out, but I will make some and have the family fill them out later.



  • Present
I decided to make a blanket. I know, she will have a million, but I am hoping since this is in her nursery colors, she will actually use it!


No comments:

Post a Comment