Saturday, October 27, 2012

Mounted Photo Plaques

Last spring, we threw a wedding shower for my boss, Megan. My gift to her (and also some of the decor) were these cute plaques of her engagement photos (because we all get them done and then how often do they really get displayed?). 

I started by ordering 5*7 unfinished wooden plaques. You can get them anywhere, but I found them cheapest online (CreateForLess). I then got paint in her wedding colors using tester sizes at Home Depot, and printed out 5*7 photos at Walgreens while I was waiting to fill a prescription. Good crafters multi-task, after all. 

After painting the wood, I cut the photo corners to fit the shapes and used Mod Podge to affix and cover them. I prefer matte, but glossy would work, too. I had one extra and covered it in themed scrapbook paper.


Finally, I just stapled some ribbon to make hangers for each, Since they were so light, the ribbon will be able to hold them just fine, and I think it looks book. But using a regular picture hanger would work, too. 


I wish I had a picture of them being displayed on the wall, but alas, I never remember to capture pictures of my final work in action. I should make friends with a photographer so that my blog looks better. But you all get the idea!

1 comment: